Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold and Microbial Threats in Your Riverhead Home
Many Riverhead homeowners mistakenly believe that mold is not severe because they have been around it on and off throughout their whole life. Most people have experienced a damp basement with an undeniably musty odor, but this was as potentially compromising to your health then as it is today. Mold can be damaging to those exposed, not to mention its ability to deteriorate host materials supporting the colonies.
What Should You Do When You Find Mold?
If you discover mold in your home, splashing bleach around at the problem is not always the solution. Despite what you might find on the internet, there are thousands of residential molds, and DIY cleaning strategies like bleach might be wholly ineffective or only address surface mold. Reach out to our Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT) to help.
What Can SERVPRO Do to Help?
There are many ways that our SERVPRO team can help resolve the mold situation in your Riverhead home. Beginning with addressing the moisture concerns that allowed mold colonization, we can work to remediate the threat in your home on many fronts, including:
- Removing active colonies from surfaces
- Controlled demolition for heavily damaged materials
- Abrasive cleaning to remove the full mold organism from hosting materials
- Mold debris removal
- Drying damp areas
- Developing permanent solutions for moisture regulation
- Deodorizing musty odors
- Removing at-risk contents to protect from colonization
- Treating materials and contents with antimicrobial solutions to prevent the spread of mold
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (631) 591-3771
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of The North Fork?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (631) 591-3771
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of The North Fork is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are proud to provide mold remediation services in our local communities:
We are proud to serve our local communities: