Mold can be very costly to repair and the effects it can have on your health can be serious. Do not ignore the problem, it won’t go away it will eventually get worse. If the affected area is bigger than 10 square foot will require a mold remediation expert.
Consider the following mold facts:
- Keep indoor humidity levels below 60%. The ideal levels are between 30-50%. Relative humidity can be measured by a moisture or humidity meter, a small and inexpensive instrument available at most hardware stores.
- If you see condensation or moisture collecting on windows, walls or pipes, act fast to dry the wet surfaces and reduce the moisture or water source.
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to re mediate your mold infestation.